CV deadline: 05/09/18 @ 1345
Please be aware – On receipt of an authorised time sheet, No8 payments to contractors are guaranteed within 7 days
We are looking for a qualified Project Accountant with SC & experience of the MoD. You will be ACA/ICAI/ICAS/CIFA/CIMA/ACCA & proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel & MS Projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Implementation/Management of project accounting modules / monthly reporting of budget to actuals on projects / circulation of monthly reports to project managers / assisting project managers with production of budgets / challenge project costs and cost to completion / investigate and resolve project manager queries / documentation of project accounting process / ensure purchases are recorded correctly against projects / Continuous process improvement and providing P2P training where required
To work within the project team on a day to day basis – provide direct link between project and Air’s TPMO and Finance Team.
• Agree and validate financial baselines for Workstream in consultation with Business Finance Manager.
• Develop robust financial assumptions for projects, which are owned by the project team and recognised by Business Finance Managers (including the Transformation Programme Management Office (TPMO) finance manager).
• Work with TPMO finance manager to identify and address ‘double-counts’ with other projects. • Ensure financial assumptions are phased in line with key project milestones.
• Develop financial tracking reports for project, aligned with RAF and TPMO artefacts.
• Monitor financial performance of the project on a monthly basis against the baseline & targets.
• Ensure savings are captured and validated with Business & Finance Managers (BFM) (including TPMO finance manager) on a monthly basis.
• Identify and capture financial risks and issues for the project: feed into project lead, Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and BFMs accordingly – and vice versa, highlighting external risks/pressures and capture impact on project outputs.
• Attend and input into TPMO sessions with the project team.
• Provide coaching and upskilling to the project team to improve financial awareness.
• Carry out wider financial analysis to identify additional opportunities for financial savings.
• Co-operate with Air Command in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
• To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with Air Commands equal opportunities policies.
• To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you.