Lettings Manager (Allocations)
Lettings Manager (Allocations)
£47,541 - £50,442 per annum
36 hours per week, Permanent
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
Hounslow Housing has recently restructured its Housing Services Division. An opportunity has arisen within its Lettings and Acquisitions team, for an experienced Lettings Manager to lead on allocations.
Lines manage and coordinate the work of the Allocations team, consisting of three Lettings Coordinators, the 10 x Lettings Officers who report to them, and a Housing Benefit Liaison Officer,
- To deliver an effective and efficient lettings service for clients, managing staff and available resources effectively to achieve value for money while supporting the Head of Lettings & Acquisitions in delivering against objectives and KPIs.
- To take an overview of service delivery within the team, identifying the scope for service improvements, and applying these to achieve the highest performance standards and exemplary customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that the Council’s lettings policy, procedures and processes are effectively implemented within legislative framework and good practice.
- Resilient and organised, able to lead a team to work flexibly and independently in a pressurised environment, requiring a high standard of service delivery within tight timescales.
- Knowledge and understanding of social and private sector housing services, and the ability to practically apply this knowledge in ensuring empty properties are allocated and let in the shortest possible time.
- Ability to think laterally and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, leading a team to effectively implement these.
- Demonstrable experience in building positive and productive relationships with colleagues, partners and customers
Essential for the Role
- Level 2 qualified in English and Maths (e.g. GCSE C+, or equivalent
- Relevant further and higher academic qualifications are desirable but not essential. (e.g. Degree or equivalent)
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
To apply, please click Apply Now below to be redirected to our application form.
Closing date: 5th September 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 10 September 2018