An experienced Research Officer is needed for the Strategy, Policy and Performance Services in Tower Hamlets. The Team provides high quality research and needs analysis for Council services.
Tower Hamlets is the fastest growing local authority areas in the country and is home to one of the most important global hubs in the UK and has potential to continue to grow and diversify as a local economy. It is a vibrant and dynamic place where people want to live, work, study and socialise, and our role in the Research Unit is to provide the best possible data and analysis to support this growth so it is vital we understand the impact of population change will have and what this could mean for the future delivery of local services.
The Corporate Research Team has an extensive work programme which includes in-house studies, supporting the completion of the extensive evidence base to support the council's emerging Community Plan, surveys, maintenance of our local population modelling tool, research commissioning and providing on-going analysis about the impacts of Welfare Reform.
- Ideally you should have experience of working in a research and or a social policy environment, have strong data analyst skills and an eye for communicating and presenting complex data.
- You should have experience of writing research briefings and reports to a publishable standard.
- We need to strengthen our capacity and knowledge of demographic estimation and forecasting. Knowledge of this area would also be an advantage.
- We also want to strengthen capacity and knowledge of survey design and methodology, and analysis.
- Experience of this specialism would also be an advantage.
- You must have strong data analytical skills and specialist knowledge of Excel and SPSS.
- Experience of other statistical analysis tools such as R or Power BI and data visualisation tools would also be an advantage.
We are currently exploring how to make better use of data the local authority holds about its service users to shape service delivery. Knowledge of SQL would also be desirable.
Closing date: 19th July 2018.
Shortlisting date: 20th July 2018.
Interview date: 31st July 2018.