• Job Title: Portfolio Planner – 27470 - HO
• CV Submission Deadline: 14/03 4.30pm
• Pay rate - £500 Ltd
• Location: Inner London: Clive House
• Contract Length: 6 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: CTC
We are looking for a Portfolio Planner with experience of Public sector/Home Office major technology and communications infrastructure programmes. Detail below.
Senior Planner required following increased demand to provide detailed planning for the Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme, a cross departmental, multi-agency Programme based within the Home Office to deliver critical mobile voice and broadband data communications services to the three Emergency Services (3ES) and other public safety bodies. Increasing complexity and size of the programme has resulted in the need to secure skilled and experience planners to develop schedules that are accurate and robust in order to inform the most senior decision making. The programme will look to replace existing Delivery Partner planning resources with those source from the GPS Framework and not increase the overall headcount.
- Develop and maintain requirements to the Home Office for the structure and content of the ESMCP plan (schedule) including key interface and completion milestones, level of detail and data exchange format.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Home Office project staff to ensure development and maintenance of a robust baseline schedule representing all activities necessary to achieve integration and deliver the Programme, including the introduction of the ESN Service.
- Ensure the timely and regular transfer of accurate and coherent schedule information.
- Monitor the quality and validity of Supplier and Home Office project schedules to facilitate integration into the overall Master Programme Schedule.
- Provide schedule related analysis and support to members of the Programme Management Team.
- Establish and communicate a suite of Interface and Project Milestones to organise and coordinate delivery of the Programme.
- Identify and communicate the key deliverables related to each milestone to relevant disciplines within the Programme organisation to facilitate timely and coordinated delivery.
- Identify, communicate and escalate specific schedule issues to the relevant Programme representative as may from time to time develop.
- Provide such additional support to the Programme Management Office
- Assure the integration and effectiveness of working practices and behaviours, team organisation, management processes and procedures.
- Advocacy of Government and industry best practice and associated tools.
- Professional with minimum of 15 years relevant experience.
- Experience of public sector strategic programmes.
- Experience of major technology and communications infrastructure programmes.
- Knowledge or experience of national scale initiatives.
- Fully conversant with planning and scheduling techniques and competent with scheduling software including Primavera Project Manager P6 and MS Project.
- Experience of developing and implementing schedule controls.
- Experience of contractor/client side delay claims analysis (desirable)
If you are a Portfolio Planner & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience or clearance!