IT Project Manager
2 Year Fixed Term
At the London Borough of Southwark we are investing in our community. We believe our residents deserve the best from their council. To that end, we are committed to delivering our new IT and Digital strategies that will transform the services we offer. As a passionate and driven Project Manager, you will play a key role by improving broadband and fundamentally changing the way our residents work and live.
Southwark is focussed on improving the availability, performance and affordability of broadband services, telecommunication networks and other mobile technologies across the borough through the spread of digital infrastructure.
As Project Manager, you will take a lead on a range of complex digital projects to deliver a programme of short, medium and long term improvements to digital connectivity across the Borough. Working across a large stakeholder community, you will maintain key relationships with senior stakeholders to understand the needs of residents, and build partnerships with key external suppliers.
You will bring to the role extensive, relevant knowledge and experience of IT best practice including:
• Strong full lifecycle project management experience within a large organisation
• Strong experience of building and developing relationships across a range of business areas
• Significant experience of working in a customer centric organisation, driving digital technology and transformation to support our residents and businesses.
• Excellent stakeholder management at all levels with internal and external partners with the proven experience of developing strong relationships across organisational boundaries
• Experience of stimulating demand for a new scheme and/or product
• Experience of managing and delivering full fibre broadband related projects and programmes would be highly beneficial.
• You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non IT departments;
• High level, proven inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to act at a senior level internally and externally.
London Borough of Southwark is located in busy, Central London and as a location if offers something for everyone! Join us and you'll work in an organisation that is looking to break the mould and drive real change for the digital age. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
• Competitive salary package of GBP42,651 - GBP49,176 dependent upon experience
• Career Average Pension Scheme
• 28 days leave, plus bank holidays
• Flexible working (including home working)
Closing date: 19th March 2018.
Interviews will take placed at London Borough of Southwark in London Bridge on the 27th and 28th March 2018.
For more information on how to apply, please contact Joel Mundy at Hays IT on .