Principal Audit Manager
The Council's Internal Audit, Risk and Insurance Service is currently undergoing significant change to enhance its arrangements for the provision of independent assurance over the effectiveness of the Council's arrangements for managing risk, governance and internal control. We are now looking at appointing experienced and qualified individuals to help position this ambitious Service at the heart of the Council's assurance arrangements. With the first rural devolution deal and a complex service delivery structure that includes group companies and huge change programmes these roles provide ideal opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are looking for new challenges and gaining experience of working in a diversified public sector organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Audit, Risk & Insurance, this is a key post within the Service which provides internal audit, risk management, insurance and investigation services to the Council, group of companies, schools and external organisations. You will support the Head of Audit, Risk & Insurance to deliver a high quality and responsive Internal Audit Service which provides timely and robust assurance to all key stakeholders and deliver planned assignments in accordance with the reporting cycle of the Audit Committee. Leading the quality assurance and improvement programme, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of the Internal Audit team to position it as a proactive; customer focused and valued service which is at the heart of the Council's governance framework.
You will be a qualified internal auditor (CMIIA or CCAB) with demonstrable higher education achievement and a member of a professional body with evidence of continuing professional development.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Significant experience of delivering risk-based assurance and consultancy engagements including through others in a complex and fast changing environments at the Audit Manager level.
- Demonstrable extensive experience of developing and leading arrangements for the provision of independent assurance of portfolio, programmes and project activity including funded projects.
- High level business understanding and the ability to empathise with stakeholders and identify pragmatic solutions which address risks identified.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate credibility in dealings with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong independent mind-set and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- To be a self-starter who is highly motivated and keen to take full ownership of their area of responsibility whilst focusing on the bigger picture.
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Simba Muzarurwi, Head of Audit, Risk & Insurance on .
To apply, please click the Apply button.
To see all the opportunities available across Internal Audit, Risk & Insurance Services please visit our vacancy page.
Closing date: 18 th March 2018