Mechanical Engineer - 51424
£25-40k pa as part of an excellent package (based on experience)
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with M&E/ Waste Water design experience . Detail below.
We have a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer to join our design team delivering infrastructure projects including utilities, wastewater treatment, pumping, water supply, treatment and transfer systems and building services work. Working in a multidisciplinary team undertaking design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as supervisory roles on construction sites. Providing support and design coordination for MEICA aspects of projects as well as assisting the NEC Project Manager. There are significant long term opportunities with career progression for the right person.
Reporting to Project Managers to deliver infrastructure projects including water and waste water infrastructure including:
- Representing clients throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and commissioning of projects.
- Preparation of feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
- Site asset surveys.
- Mechanical design, specification and tender preparation.
- Liaison with operations and maintenance staff.
- Ensuring compliance with current industry standards.
- Supporting site based management staff, with respect to monitoring progress against programme.
- Attending and minuting design and progress meetings.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Mechanical Engineering and undertake additional job-specific training. Someone with water sector knowledge and experience, who is approachable, flexible and keen to work as part of an existing team on a wide range of projects to differing project specifications.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with IMechE
- Over 5 years’ post graduate experience
- Understanding of mechanical design within the water industry (both wastewater and clean water structure)
- Carry out mechanical design and hydraulic calculations
- Understanding of pumping systems and pump selection
- Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements
- P&IDs, mechanical specifications, general, outline and detained system design drawings
- CPD development within the water and mechanical sectors
- MS Office Proficient
- A full driving licence
- Telemetry and SCADA data acquisition systems.
- Pump control using PID control of VSDs
- HV, pumping, power generation and CHP
- Involvement within SRB, CSR and CPD activities IMechE
- Water and waste water process design and MEICA inputs
- Building services experience sector including HVAC, potable water systems, fire suppression systems, Part L of the building regulations
- Experience in NEC3 Project Management
- Programming (MS Project or similar)
- Mapinfo / GIS
- Working AutoCAD knowledge
- BIM / Revit
If you are a Mechanical Engineer, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you.
Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!