Transport Strategy Manager
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our Transport Strategy team and work with key partners, such as Transport for London, to develop and deliver our transport strategy.
It's an exciting time to be working on transport in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The pace of development in the Royal Borough is intense and needs to be matched by changes to transport infrastructure and services. The Directorate of Regeneration, Enterprise & Skills is at the heart of making sure that existing and future residents and businesses residents benefit from London's growth.
Crossrail, new river crossings including the Silvertown Tunnel, Dockland Light Railway extensions, changes to the rail franchise, autonomous vehicles and extensive plans to support use of sustainable transport are all on the agenda.
The Council has an excellent record of securing inward investment and that needs to continue.
The successful candidate will need:
- Substantial experience in transport planning and strategies,
- Excellent leadership, communication, inter-personal, negotiation and organisational skills,
- Considerable skill in establishing and maintaining strong networks and productive partnerships with a range of stakeholders and elected members,
- Effective project management skills,
- An ability to keep alert to the bigger picture whilst ensuring local initiatives and services are delivered efficiently,
- To be able to work interchangeably at strategic and operational levels.
In your role, we want you to feel supported, challenged and rewarded.
If you meet the brief, have a strong track record delivering results and want to work for a dynamic borough that wants to make a real difference for its residents, please apply.
If you would like an informal discussion about this position, please contact: