Senior Transport Planner
Senior Transport Planner- 48553
£25-35000 & benefits
We are looking for a Senior Transport Planner with experience in the detail below.
Capita provide transport planning advice and development planning assistance to both the public and private sector. Our services range from data collection and traffic modelling to detailed transport assessments and travel plans to scheme design, preparation of funding bids and strategic assessment from a transport perspective.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner to join our team engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including development of strategic transport schemes, funding bid preparation, transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including public sector organisations and private sector clients.
The successful candidate will assist in and manage the preparation of all aspects of our work and will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting transport planning projects. He or she will be a critical part of a very busy, commercially focused team which has an expanding workload and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that project delivery deadlines are met.
As part of the role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Local Authority Officers, Architects and Town Planners and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
We’re committed to developing our staff and as such the successful candidate will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning and external training is also provided and offered on a company wide basis.
About Capita | Property and Infrastructure
Capita Property & Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc and the UK’s leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
Key Requirements are as follows:
- Ideally 3 years + experience in transportation / development planning;
- Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
- A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
- Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
- Experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
- Experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development;
- Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
- A track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects;
- A highly motivated individual and ideally a member of a relevant professional body;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required; and
- Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control.
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!