Income Recovery Officer
Income Recovery Officer
Management Grouping: Place, Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Public Protection Housing & Public Realm
Salary: GBP19,917 - GBP21,984 per annum
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 8 th October 2017
Job reference: PCI
Based at the Civic Offices, you will report to the Housing Service Manager and be joining a small team of Officers responsible for the setting up and of temporary accommodation, former and current rent accounts.
You will interview members of the public in person and carry out home visits as required, therefore an ability to deal sensitively with the diverse needs of our homeless client group is essential.
This is a busy role and you will need to have excellent ICT, interpersonal and organisational skills to be able carry out the associated tasks.
An overview of issues relating to homelessness is a must, along with a sound knowledge of the Welfare Benefit system. Experience in debt collection field is preferable, but full training would be given to the right candidate.
Although this is a demanding role you will have the opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to delivering excellent service, committed to improvement, training and open to new ideas. You will also be required to work under pressure in what can sometimes be a stressful environment.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years' service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme - Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 08/10/2017
- Please visit our website via the button below to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 20/10/2017
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on