Road safety Education Officer - Barnet
Road Safety Education Officer – 44233 – £28-30k
We are looking for an expert in Road Safety Education required for a growing local authority infrastructure network.
About the role
We are looking for a Road Safety Education Officer to assist in ensuring the Councils aim to reduce the number of road casualties is furthered through the preparation and implementation of an education, training and publicity programme.
Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery.
Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning.
Through Re, our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play. We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the councils growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnets complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re. From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What you will do:
- Investigate, prepare, implement and evaluate programmes to deliver Road Safety Education, Training and Publicity to target audiences.
- Formulate, monitor and control estimates and review budgets to achieve Best Value, supervise and administer contracts relating to road safety and to control any resources allocated ensuring compliance with financial regulations, standing orders and relevant legislation.
- Monitor and take necessary action to control programmes to ensure targets are achieved.
- Assist in the production of bids to secure funding for Road Safety related activities.
- Assist in introducing new methods as necessary to ensure efficient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
- Prepare letters, technical reports, committee reports and other documents as may be required i.e. one off projects, arranging displays, exhibitions, distribution, presentation work etc.
Your experience will include:
- Experience in Road Safety Education.
- The Role is dependent upon the outcome of an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!