Group Manager-Parks and Open Spaces (Contracts and Operations)
A flexible benefit to the value of GBP2,724 p.a. pro-rata (subject to annual review). The content benefits are; Gym membership, health insurance, season ticket purchase, bicycle purchase, additional voluntary contribution to pension or subscriptions and professional fees. Or alternative the above can be taken as cash payment (monthly).
Following our recently re-shaped team we have a number of exciting opportunities across our Parks & Leisure Service. This is your chance to come and join our bold, creative and successful Parks and Leisure Team. We want you to bring your experience and track record of achievement and be part of Southwark's commitment to improve the health and wellbeing or all its residents.
We are seeking to appoint to a number of posts in; Parks, Capital Project Management and Development, Cemeteries and Crematoria, Leisure, Sport and Physical Activity and Play Development.
We are one of London's most diverse, vibrant and exiting Boroughs with a significant regeneration underway which is transforming Southwark. The Council is committed through its 'Fairer Future Promises' for residents to significant investment of over GBP20m across its parks and leisure facilities. We have a ground breaking free swim and gym offer for all our residents, award winning parks and open spaces with 25 Green Flags and a commitment to secure more, a comprehensive programme of new facility development and infrastructure projects in our parks. Our Cemeteries and Crematoria are also undergoing an important transformation with significant investment and focus. All of these areas are key contributors to the wider social regeneration of the Borough and we want highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed people to help us deliver in these key roles.
You will bring experience across one or more of these areas, have a strong track record of achievement, be a collaborative team player and keen to play your part to shape and deliver the future of these services.
- Extensive experience of Grounds Maintenance contract development and management.
- You will have experience of managing and planning large scale budgets, capital projects, generating income and external funding.
- You will lead on the development of strategies for the role of parks and open spaces, play, trees and ecology in an urban environment. Ensuring that they meet the needs of the all sections of the community, support the regeneration of the Borough and sustain a balanced ecology.
- Experience of leading and managing multi disciplinary teams, including business planning, financial planning, capital and infrastructure project delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working with key stakeholders , partners and community organisations.
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Drummond, Interim Head of Parks and Leisure on .
Closing Date: 17 July 2017
Interview and Occupational Assessment: Week commencing 24th of July 2017