Team Manager - Referral & Assessment
Team Manager - Referral and Assessment Team
Management Grouping: Children's Services
Salary: GBP51,570 - GBP58,182 (inclusive of GBP3,000 Market Premium & *Choices Benefit of GBP2,370 pa)
Contract: Permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 18 th November 2019
Job Reference: ECS
"Bexley is a safe and supportive place to work with highly creative work undertaken by a skilled and well supported workforce - Ofsted 2018"
Visit our website to find out more about what a career with the London Borough of Bexley would be like or come for an experience day; speak directly to the Academy Manager, Lori Goossen on . View more about our employment deal here.
The Council, its staff and partners, were delighted in August 2018, when Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of children's social care services to be 'outstanding'! We were especially pleased that our investment in frontline practitioners and managers was recognised. We have been working hard to create an environment where social workers can do the work they came into the profession to do - to support and help families to stay together where this is in children's best interests and it is safe enough for this to happen.
Ofsted judged that we provide strong management oversight of practice, that we have a well - embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help, that we offer clear progress in career pathways, a talent management scheme and a nurturing environment to enable social work to flourish. We believe deeply in relationship based practice and ' Signs of Safety ' is the vehicle enabling us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with the people we are trying to help.
If this sounds exciting and reassuring, we want you to get in touch with us. Our workforce is stable with over 88% permanent staff, but we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated social work professionals?
We need an ambitious and committed Team Manager in Referral and Assessment who is passionate about relationship based practice with families. You are going to lead the way with our frontline practitioners who are working with 'signs of safety', collaborating and strengthening our families.
As Team Manager, you will be the critical link between your team and senior managers. This role will be focused on influencing, encouraging, leading and managing your team. We have highly developed performance data that you will analyse to drive through improvements and improved practices
Bexley has 4 referral and assessment teams, who undertake child and family assessments and child protection enquiries, working closely with the local police and health agencies. Once the assessment has identified the issues and the child's level of need, Children's Social Care (CSC) may recommended the family is signposted to support provided to another services, they may be transferred to our early help family wellbeing service or transferred to a social worker in CSC to provide an ongoing service in one of the Family Support & Child Protection locality teams.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Make Social Work at Bexley a profession that is yours to own
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Professional supervision
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to GBP8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
- Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
- Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
- Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
- Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
- Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of GBP2,370 per annum
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- 31 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
- Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme - Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Closing Date for your application: 18/11/2019.
- Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on
51570.00 - 58182.00 GBP Annual + (inc. of 3,000 Market Premium & *Choices Benefit of 2,370 pa)