Team Manager - Guildford
GBP39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week based at 25-30 Mallow Crescent, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7BU.
There is an expectation that the role holder will be part of an out of hours on call rota. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for the post of Team Manager at Mallow Crescent, Guildford. Mallow Crescent offers a supported living service on the main site in Burpham and at four other locations in Guildford and Cobham as well as a short term breaks service.
The role is based in Service Delivery, which is the provider arm of the Health, Wellbeing and Adult Social Care directorate. Service Delivery provides direct care to individuals living in their own homes and in-house residential establishments across the county. The service is registered with the Quality Care Commission (CQC) and works in accordance with good practice guidance and standards.
Our Vision is to provide outstanding services and be an employer of choice with highly trained, passionate and dedicated staff.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the post holder will must apply and successfully become the CQC Registered Manager in line with CQC requirements. The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the operational management of the service in order to ensure that the care needs of people using the service are met in accordance with the CQC standards and current legislations. They will provide leadership to ensure a service with a high quality person-centred focus and will promote a positive culture that is person-centred, open, inclusive and empowering. The role holder will systematically monitor and review the quality of the care provided within the services to maintain high standards and take the lead on all operational Human Resource issues for the team as well as managing the budgets for the service.
To be shortlisted for this role your application will clearly evidence:
- Relevant qualification or substantial experience of working in the service area
- High level working knowledge of relevant legislation and procedural frameworks and practice standards
- Proven experience of all aspects of staff management including dealing with complex HR issues
- Ability to manage budgets in accordance with financial procedures
- Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Competent in a range of IT tools including MS Office and database management systems
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care
- Ability to communicate with compassion and authority in challenging situations and with resistant individuals, be able to effectively engage with people in complex situations both short-term and building relationships over time.
Please see attached job profile for further information.
For an informal discussion contact Sally Dickens on or by e-mail at . We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/08/2019.
39438.00 GBP Annual