Barnsley Council are seeking a Team Manager to join the team. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £46,549 - £49,590 per annum. This is a full time, permanent post.
The Team Managerrole:
This is an exciting time to join Barnsley's Children and Family Social Care Service who are seeking to recruit a Team Manager to join our Assessment & Duty Teams within the Integrated Front Door due to the current postholder moving to another role in the service.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed professional Team Manager to join our stable workforce. We have high aspirations to achieve the very best outcomes for vulnerable children and young people residing in the borough. As a Team Manager you will play a significant role in supporting our Social Workers to develop excellent assessment and analytical skills; apply evidence-based interventions and direct work and develop the confidence and skills to make timely decisions and plans for children that will achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for their future.
Responsibilities as our Team Manager:
- Work across children's social care, other council departments and multi-agency organisations to develop effective relationships with partners, to effectively deliver services to children young people and their families which safeguard children and promote their care within families where appropriate
- Communicate effectively in a range of forums, and in at times highly charged, complex or challenging circumstances Directorate policy, best practice guidelines, and plans/decisions regarding the deployment of resources/outcomes for children and young people
- Work collaboratively with management colleagues to develop and maintain an effective service to children and young people and their families, contributing to policy, procedures and guidance informing practice
- Provide directly and indirectly supervision to staff (including non - social work qualified staff) within a team, informed by knowledge of statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures within the Directorate and wider council
- Support staff to meet their full potential as effective practitioners, ensuring through use of published guidance associated with managing performance, professional development, staff appraisal, managing attendance etc. that an effective, high performing team is delivering services children, young people and their carers benefit from
- Ensure that up to date records are maintained safely and confidentially in accordance with the Directorate/Council policies and procedures, and contribute to the audit, evaluation and analysis of social care records which enables performance within the service to be understood and responded to by managers including this post holder
- Promote effective assessment, direct work and risk management which achieves best outcomes for children and young people within a safeguarding context
- Meet the requirements of the Professional Capabilities Framework at the Advanced level, and of registration with the Health Care Professions Council in respect of practice standards, conduct and professional development
Skills and experience we're looking for in our Team Manager:
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Substantial evidence of CPD relevant to children's social care
- Trained in Supervision in social work, and/or trained in coaching/mentoring
- Willingness to undertake the Councils Leadership Programme
- Registration with the HCPC
A lot to look forward to:
Here at Barnsley, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we'll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. We prioritise learning and enabling you to achieve your potential.
The closing date for applications is 09/12/2022.
If you think this role is for you then we would very much welcome your application, apply now to become our Team Manager.