Service Manager, Residential Services
Service Manager, Residential Services
Reference Number: 901101
Salary: Grade 11 (£49,791 - £54,708)
Informal Enquiries: telephone
It is a great time to join our Children's Residential Service. We have nine registered children's homes, including four mainstream homes, four providing specialist care for children with disabilities, and one secure children's home. Three of our homes are currently rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us as the Service Manager for our four mainstream children's homes. Two of these are multi-agency, multi-function 'hubs' offering edge of care and in care services for adolescents, as Sheffield's adaptation of the successful 'No Wrong Door' model of provision.
If you are experienced in children's homes management, passionate about supporting improved outcomes for adolescents, and are open and enthusiastic about establishing and implementing innovative practice, then we would love to hear from you.
By working with us you will support our vision to help young people to reach their full potential. We are seeking a confident, motivated, and inspirational leader with a proven track record of creating change and making a difference to children and young people's lives.
As Service Manager it will be your job to support the Assistant Director and lead a team of registered children's homes managers, multi-agency professionals, and other support staff. You will be accountable for ensuring overall service delivery with responsibility for strategic planning, performance, and resource management.
If you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and are a talented and confident influencer, a strong networker and able to build multi agency relationships and partnerships to improve services to children and young people then read on. It is important that you already lead staff teams effectively and are confident within a management role with significant experience in managing a children's service preferably residential. You will be responsible for engaging with Ofsted, safeguarding and external agencies
Here in Sheffield, we have an offer that makes this tough but highly rewarding job that little bit easier: -
- A stable, effective leadership team, that is supportive of good social work practice using the Signs of Safety framework. - Which makes your job easier and results in better outcomes for children and young people.
- Experienced and genuinely supportive managers and colleagues, who can nurture and develop you.
- Your continuous professional development really matters to us - we offer a tailored learning and development package, mentoring and plenty of opportunities for career progression.
- Generous flexible working packages to ensure that you can work in a flexible environment and get the necessary time to enjoy your home life
- Sheffield is a great city - It is diverse with a wide range of cultural, social, and outdoor activities, good schools and has excellent transport links and if you have to move home to take up your new job with us, we may pay relocation expenses up to £7,400 if you're eligible
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact: or telephone .
Please click the 'apply' button to be redirected to our website to find out more information and to apply.
Closing Date: 27 June 2021
Interview Date: week commencing 12 July 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.