Senior Portfolio Manager
Senior Portfolio Manager
ESRC, UK Research and Innovation
Full time/part time (minimum 0.8 FTE)
Do you have an enthusiasm for the importance of social science research within the research and innovation system? We are currently looking for three Senior Policy Managers based in the Data & Infrastructure programme.
About the role
Data and infrastructure are identified in the ESRC's Delivery Plan as one of four foundational pillars supporting social science research across the ESRC's remit and across the UK. ESRC's current data infrastructure portfolio includes longitudinal studies, cross-sectional surveys, new and emerging forms of data, and investments that provide support for data curation, access and analysis.
There are two teams within the overall Data & Infrastructure programme, running initiatives both within each team and across the programme. The Data Infrastructure team has responsibility for effective management and development of the ESRC's current data infrastructure portfolio. The Data Strategy team has responsibility to develop an effective comprehensive strategy for the future development of ESRC's investment in data infrastructure.
- Directly or indirectly supporting the commissioning, review and management of complex data infrastructure investments, including through nationally and internationally collaborative partnerships as appropriate
- Analysing information from a variety of sources and expertise, and developing arguments, options or recommendations to inform organisational planning, problem-solving and decision-making,
- Representing the ESRC and presenting aspects of its work to a range of audiences community at external meetings and via other media, with the ability to manage challenging questions and responses
You will have:
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and an ability to think strategically
- Strong project management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and to form good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
UKRI recognises and value employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance as well as other benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to provide an up to date CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on (0).
The closing date for applications is 20th October 2019
38318.00 GBP Annual