Senior Contracts Officer
An exciting opportunity at Lambeth to work as a contract management business partner. !
Senior Contracts Officer
PO4: Starting salary £41,466 rising in annual increments to £44,373 pa incl. LW
An exciting opportunity at Lambeth,
A new business partnering team has been set up within the Lambeth Procurement function, to provide best practice support and guidance to Directorates to enable a consistent approach to contract management.
This key role will help establish the standard model for excellent contract management for our busy organisation, making sure that we can maximise benefit from our commercial relationships, drive value for money and provide assurance and visibility.
You will not usually manage contracts directly but act as a trusted adviser across the council.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Providing advice on newly implemented contract management procedures and templates that reflect best practice.
- Assisting the Senior Contracts Manager to shape a new corporate advisory service as a central point of contract management expertise.
- Using your influencing skills to support Heads of Service and contract managers to develop robust commercial contract management
- Monitoring progress on implementing the new procedures and highlighting risks and opportunities for the Council
- Working positively with corporate colleagues such as Procurement, Legal, Risk and Performance to integrate effective contract management principles into commissioning and procurement services
We are looking for someone that is motivated and flexible and used to working within different work streams at the same time. You will have experience of contract management, preferably within the public sector and some knowledge of project management and procurement would be good. You need to have good communication and negotiation skills as you will be working closely with staff and suppliers at all levels.
Lambeth has great benefits for staff including the following:
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Entitlement to join the local government pension scheme
- The opportunity for flexible working, including working from home
- Sponsored Professional Development
- Interest free season ticket loan (following probation)
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Recent applicants need not to apply again.
Closing date: Sunday 23 February 2020 at midnight
Job Description and Person specification