Risk & Assurance Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Risk & Assurance Manager to join the team based in Mansfield on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £38,800 - £42,000 per annum.
You can be forgiven if you've never heard of us before. We think we're pretty unique here at the Coal Authority where we are making a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We're a great bunch of people to work with. We all have united passion and desire to live and breathe our values. We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of benefits that you'll access being a part of our inclusive team including flexi time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.
The Risk & Assurance Manager role:
This is a newly created and exciting opportunity to join the Coal Authority team, leading and championing risk management and assurance across the organisation.
The role will encompass leading improvements in organisational skills and developing an effective risk management culture, supporting the articulation of the organisations Risk Appetite, embedding and maintaining a newly defined Risk Management and Assurance Framework, providing thought leadership to drive continuous improvements and improving management insight to appropriately manage risks.
Responsibilities of our Risk & Assurance Manager:
- Support the articulation and communication of the organisations Risk Appetite.
- Embed and maintain a proportionate RMAF (Risk Management and Assurance Framework) across the organisation.
- Implement improvements to the RMAF through providing thought lead, benchmarking to best practice and seeking feedback form a wide range of stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain the corporate risk register and assurance heat maps, driving quality improvements by working with the senior management and executive teams.
- Develop and improve wider risk management tools, including systems.
- Lead improvement in organisational knowledge and skills in relation to risk management and develop an effective risk management culture.
- Provide management insight to the senior management and executive teams to appropriately manage risks and support improved decision making, and support corporate reporting to the ARAC (Audit and Risk Committee) and Board.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and networks, both internally and externally.
What we're looking for in our Risk & Assurance Manager:
- Degree or equivalent level
- Demonstrable experience operating at a practical / practitioner level within a risk management capacity
- Experience in developing and operating risk management and assurance systems
- Engaging and communicating with, and providing reporting to, a wide range of stakeholders (eg employees to board level)
- Excellent inter-personal / communication skills
- Builds and maintains relationships / networks
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to influence to deliver results
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and culture of improvement and change
- Attention to detail and good organisational / planning skills
- Proficient in the use of IT and systems
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Risk & Assurance Manager then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you...... click apply for full job details