Quality Assurance Manager
We're good and outstanding - but don't just take our word for it!
Quality Assurance Manager - IRO's & Child Protection Conference Chairs
GBP54,072 - GBP55,617 per annum inclusive
We have big ambitions for our children and our workforce at Merton and are working to be London's best council. The last Ofsted Inspection judged all our services to be "good and outstanding" noting "Children in Merton benefit from services that are dynamic, ambitious and successful" in an organisation that "comprises a blend of compassion and concern for the most vulnerable children and families, and conspicuous care and support for frontline workers." (Ofsted, July 2017). The most recent monitoring visit in February 2019 identified areas of strengths within the service, but also areas to develop.
As the QA Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operational management of a small team of Independent Reviewing Officers (IROs) who cover Looked After Children's Review's, Child Protection Conferences and the Designated Officer (LADO). You will provide professional consultation, case direction and supervision to the team, allocate work, and will be accountable to oversee and drive up performance which contributes to the wider quality assurance agenda.
If you are an experienced manager or IRO with a thorough understanding of what 'good' looks like, combined with a desire to develop others and broaden your own management portfolio, then this may be the job for you:
We are looking for someone who has the expertise, confidence and skill to:
- Deliver on our aspirations for young people, the pledge and ensure they are at the centre of our interventions and plans
- Engage with and maximise the participation of children and their parents ensuring the voice and views are at the centre of planning and intervention
- To lead, develop and directly line manage the Independent Reviewing service and Designated Officer (LADO)
- Has strong experience and understanding of leadership, restorative practice and the ability to progress change and improvement
- Influence and provide constructive challenge both within the service, but also across other service areas and key agency partners.
- Deliver on and understand performance indicators, embed strong practice standards and demonstrate strong evidence of improvement across the service
- Build a flexible and responsive professionally competent team that promotes the child at the centre or involvement
- Make a significant contribute to improving outcomes for children and families in Merton.
- Be part of the wider management team to deliver, implement the improvements and strengthen the outcomes for young people
The post is within the Quality Assurance and Practice Development Service and reports to the Head of Service. The service includes the LADO, the Quality Assurance Manager and the Practice Development Team. There are 6 FTE IROs who chair both Child protection meetings and Looked After Reviews in addition to the Designated Officer (LADO). Caseloads are within the range recommended in the IRO handbook. There is a dedicated administrative team with its own Service Support Manager. The service will be the lead on developing systemic practice, motivational interviewing and embedding the practice model.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held in week beginning 9th September.
54072.00 - 55617.00 GBP Annual + inclusive