Thanet District Council is looking for a skilled and proactive Project Manager to promote and deliver against the funding opportunities the Council has and the unmet potential of a number of the Council's assets. The role will be focused on supporting the economic growth of the district, improving the visitor offer, extending the life of the assets and working with the relevant communities.
The post holder will identify opportunities linking with the vision for the district and its towns, and relating to sites in the council's ownership, including working on a number of funding programmes available to the district.
Tasks will include
- Actively participate in the programme of work involved in the Council's bids to a number of Government funding programmes, including the Future High Street Fund and Towns Fund.
- Develop business cases and development briefs, including market testing and identifying sources of funding to support delivery against the Council's priorities for economic growth and engaging with our communities.
- Identify key stakeholders and interested parties in order to carry out any required consultation and negotiation with relevant stakeholders including developers to secure regeneration benefits for the District.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and communicate effectively with internal/ external organisations, partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective and efficient planning, implementation, review and closure of projects within own remit.
- Sound knowledge of the local government context including an understanding of its
- legislative and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of property valuation and understanding of the key issues involved in property development.
- An understanding of the factors leading to economic growth.
- Excellent analytical skills, statistical techniques and the ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Flexible in approach and able to work to competing deadlines.
- Self motivated and capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of the use of external funding to assist delivery.
- Experience of project management principles and delivery.
Interviews to be conducted on week beginning 13th January 2020
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact our Strategic Partnerships Manager, Louise Askew at or .