Are you innovative, enjoy developing partnerships and comfortable with public speaking?
Do you want to take a leading role in CIPFA’s commercial and policy activities around pensions and treasury management activities?
If the answer is yes then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a Networks Advisor to support CIPFA’s highly respected Pensions and Treasury Management Networks, which provide support to practitioners around investment, administration and governance. Ideally you will be experienced in public sector pensions, have an understanding of pension fund investment (predominantly LGPS), local authority treasury management practices, policy and scrutiny functions, legislation, regulation and governance arrangements.
The role involves:
- Development and delivery of regional and national events, training and consultancy services
- Researching and writing technical briefings on latest issues facing public sector pensions and treasury management
- Regular contact with our stakeholders and respond to complex enquiries and proactively meet their needs
- have a professional accountancy qualification with significant post qualification experience in pensions and/ or treasury management
- have significant practical knowledge and experience of local authority pension investment, treasury management practices, legislation, administrative framework and governance
- have a current appreciation of the financial and other challenges facing local government pension funds and treasury management practices
- be effective at working independently, developing relationships, comfortable reporting at a senior level, and possess practical 'hands on' approach, together with excellent communication skills
- be a self-starter and have excellent commercial awareness of the public sector market.
In return we offer:
- 36 hour working week (normally between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% employer's pension contribution
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & well-being, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
- Flexible – London/Chester/Birmingham
- Home based applications will be considered
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the professional body for people in public finance. We champion high performance in public services by translating our experience and insight into clear advice and practical services. Globally, CIPFA shows the way in public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Mohamed Hans, CIPFA Interim Networks Manager on: 07717 345188
up to £55,000