Infrastructure Funding Officer
Infrastructure Funding Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: PLA00577
Division: Planning & Building Control
Section: Infrastructure Planning
Grade: PO1 - PO2 - £34,128 - £38,403
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 35
Benefits and Allowances
Our existing terms, conditions and benefits are currently under review.
- Annual Leave - Starting at 30 days, a generous leave allowance with continuous service provisions, granting additional leave to be achieved;
- Pensions - You will automatically become a member of the Council's rewarding pension scheme;
- Flexible working - the council seeks to ensure that employees achieve improved work life balance and offer flexibility to staff members such as the option to work from home (when appropriate);
- Learning & development - the Council promotes continuous development of staff members at all times and supports a wide range of internal and external training programmes including project management, leadership development and technical training.
- You will receive support and guidance from qualified members of staff (RTPI Accredited Planners) if you are commencing/progressing on to certain routes within the RTPI Licentiate Assessment of Professional Competence (L-APC) to gain Associate/Chartered status.
- Staff loan scheme for annual season travel ticket - the council gives interest-free season ticket loans to staff who have successfully completed their probationary period;
- Travel schemes/allowances - this includes: cycle to work scheme, pool bike scheme and expenses covered with all travel related to working task;
- Employee Assistance Programme - the council offers an employee assistance programme that provides confidential counselling support services for both personal and work-related issues to staff.
SO - are you up to the challenge?!
If you are keen to learn and are ready for something new and exciting, then this new area of planning - Infrastructure Planning - could be just the place for you.
Our large and growing Infrastructure Planning (IP) Service is an industry leader at the cutting edge of infrastructure planning centred at the heart of great place making, spatial planning and delivery. We provide a core planning function to the Council coordinating the strategic planning, funding, development and delivery of infrastructure with expertise in infrastructure planning, CIL, S106, project and programme management. We have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring planner to expand their expertise and develop their career.
As part of the IP Service, you will primarily be working on the collection of CIL, ensuring the Council maximises the value of planning applications. You will also gain exposure to key areas of infrastructure planning including how the Council plans for, funds and programmes infrastructure delivery. Your development will in turn be supported by a wealth of experienced officers and invested in by the Service through various training programmes.
You will have:
- An academic degree in a relevant subject such as planning, economics, geography, accountancy, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in a relevant discipline
- a passion for placemaking and infrastructure
- a willingness to learn, to try new things and to innovate
- an analytical mind with the technical skills to deal with planning applications.
You will also exhibit the 'TOWER' values and behaviours of the Council including working Together, being Open, Willing, striving for Excellence and having Respect.
If you think this could be you then APPLY NOW!
This post is open to candidates with the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil the job description and person specification attached to the role.
About the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Tower Hamlets is one of the most diverse, fastest growing boroughs in London with an expected population increase of 80,000 people and 110,000 new jobs over the next two decades - that's a 25% population increase and a doubling of jobs in 20 years!
We are home to one of the most ambitious Opportunity Areas (OA) for growth in London (Isle of Dogs & South Poplar, including Canary Wharf) with substantial growth also planned for the Poplar Riverside and City Fringe areas. This requires a planned and coordinated approach for delivering housing, infrastructure and placemaking which will be essential to making this growth a success.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Redeployees/ Internal/ External.
If this role is available to Internal employees only, this will include agency workers but does not include independent contractors or Skills Match trainees
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV's or alternative forms of applications are accepted.
Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website via the button below.
Closing Date: 03 Mar 2020.