HR Services Manager
£40,760 - £43,662 per annum
Blaby District Council prides itself one being a "great place to work" and we need a proactive and pragmatic HR Services Manager to support this. Working in our small, well-established and friendly HR team, the HR Services Manager will manage and develop our HR advisory and admin teams, provide outstanding HR interventions and support the Strategic HR Manager to deliver the People Plan.
We are looking for:
- An effective and experienced HR practitioner, MCIPD qualified or equivalent
- A successful track record of team management and development
- Measurable service improvement experience
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- A clear understanding of the challenges facing local government and the provision of HR within the sector
- Someone who thrives on challenges with the ability to adapt and come up with new ideas
The job also is part of the Council's Service Manager group and reports into the Strategic HR Manager who is on the Council's Senior Leadership Team.
Blaby District Council offers a competitive salary, impressive pension contributions and a range of benefits such as flexitime, employee discounts and flexible working.
Job Description & Person Specification
For an informal chat about the role please contact Strategic HR Manager, Kate Kells on or email
Where are we based?
The Main Council Offices are in a lovely little village called Narborough in Leicestershire which is just 3 miles from the M1, junction 21 and not far from the centre of Leicester. The local train station is only a 5 minutes walk away and there are regular bus links to and from the city centre.
Blaby District Council want their workforce to reflect the make up the community we serve, and we therefore welcome applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please select the 'apply online' button below.
Should you have any technical issues when applying, please call the Human Resources team on .
Closing date: Midnight 25 November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 4 December 2019