Housing Project Manager (Maternity Cover)
Housing Project Manager PO7 (maternity cover)
PO7: Starting salary GBP51,162 rising in annual increments to GBP54,174 pa incl LW
Fixed term contract or Secondment Opportunity for 12 months
The housing project team in Housing are delivering an ambitious programme of service reform and improvement to meet the challenges in the sector. We use project management principles to realise the demand and cost management objectives of the division: to improve the customer journey; to embed new technologies; to provide flexible and progressive services to meet changing needs.
We are offering a temporary opportunity to a highly skilled and effective individual who can diagnose issues, develop solutions and deliver them through pilots and change projects. The successful candidate will have proven team management skills, clearly communicating the deliverables required from a range of project work and evidencing the delivery of outcomes from team input.
Communication is key; you will be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working with a range of stakeholders, drive change, and deliver tangible benefits.
About the role
The Housing Project Manager will manage the work programme of a small team of eight, to deliver business transformation reviews, estate based infrastructure projects, and service improvement projects across the Housing division. The role will also require the development of the division's service improvement programme, providing oversight and governance on the strategically relevant programmes of work in the division and across the directorate.
Key pieces of work over the coming months include:
- Business and service planning - tracking delivery against our 18 month 'turnaround plan'
- Parking permit software upgrade and associated process change from paper permits to e-permits issued and communication with residents
- Managing evidence-based trials to increase recycling on Lambeth Housing estates, with potential for successful interventions to be rolled out across nearly 200 housing estates
- Piloting and developing our enhanced service offer to vulnerable residents
- Delivering restructures and service reviews
You will be:
- An experienced project manager, able to provide professional advice and guidance to the director and managers in all aspects of project and programme management
- Outcomes focused, coordinating delivery to ensure value for money, thorough embedding so that operational processes are universally understood, and monitoring project requirements against the delivery of project benefits.
- An excellent communicator, providing regular updates to senior stakeholders on the service improvement programme, producing briefing notes and all relevant project documentation to ensure tight and controlled governance of every project.
Lambeth is a dynamic, culturally and economically diverse borough, subject to major redevelopment, regeneration and growth. It is home to the iconic South Bank tourist area around the London Eye, including the Royal Festival Hall, National Theatre and Kia Oval cricket ground. The borough consists of vibrant, engaged and multicultural communities, from the bustling markets and pop-up food events in Brixton to vast green spaces like Clapham Common and Brockwell Park that attract visitors from across the world.
To give a flavour for the priorities of Housing Services, we aim to:
- Continue our significant investment in our existing stock through the Housing Capital Programme.
- Maintain and manage over 33,000 homes in the borough.
- Ensure that homes are available for people with a range of incomes and needs and every Lambeth resident lives in a home that is safe and secure.
- Prevent homelessness by supporting all households to stay in their home or to help them find alternative accommodation. This includes a particular focus on young people and vulnerable residents.
- Provide information for residents who are at risk of the adverse effects of Welfare Reform.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Monday 22 July 2019 at midnight.
Please click here to view the job description and person specification here.