We are looking for a talented and passionate House Manager who can deliver exceptional customer service and be part of our fantastic Front Office team at The Lanesborough.
As House Manager, you will have a real pride and passion for what you do, with the ability to build rapport and long-term relationships with guests. In this role, you will support the Executive Head of Rooms Divisions in effectively managing the department to ensure we provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
Responsibilities & Duties of our House Managers include:
- Ensure a friendly and pleasant environment for all guests ensuring that Guest Recognition is at the forefront of service.
- Handle all guest enquiries and complaints in a courteous and effective manner, ensuring all issues are rectified to the guest's full satisfaction.
- Promote the effective communication and flow of information between Switchboard, Reservations, Front Office/Concierge, Butlers and Housekeeping to ensure guest service and recognition is at the forefront of everything we do
- Be responsible for providing all guests with exceptional service while maximizing room revenue, productivity and development within the team
- Develop the skills and effectiveness of all employees at the Front Desk through the appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
- Be responsible and supervise work at all levels of operation at Front Desk, Switchboard and Night operations, and set clear objectives for the team in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits (Conditions apply):
- Dental and Optical Benefits
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meals on Duty
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Tailored Uniforms
- Cycle Scheme (Loan to Purchase)
- Dry Cleaning (Non Uniformed Ambassadors)
- Training & Development Plans
- Social Committee Activities
- Training Fund Assistance
- Awards & Recognition Programs
The ideal House Manager candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 4* or 5* establishment is essential and experience in the luxury London market would be preferred.
- Knowledge of driving standards with acute attention to detail and delivery of business strategies.
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate a department in the absence of senior management
- You will be required to possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, including complaint handling and resolution.
- Immaculate grooming standards
- Be available, flexible and willing to work a 24h roaster when required
- Extensive knowledge of Opera system is essential
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process