Hearings Support Officer
2 X Fixed Term Contracts until June 2020
£21,444 to £25,228 per annum
Our purpose is to protect the public by regulating dental professionals in the UK. All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists and orthodontic therapists must be registered with us to work in the UK. The support and experience of our dedicated and highly focused teams is invaluable. This is your chance to build on your own skills and experience and make a worthwhile contribution to our work.
About the role:
To provide professional customer service to internal and external visitors attending hearings ensuring their needs are fully met. Dealing with face to face, telephone and email enquiries and providing accurate information and guidance.
- Proven experience of working within a busy customer focussed environment and able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Well developed inter-personal skills with the ability to engage confidently and effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally, demonstrating empathy, tact and discretion in discussing cases.
- Experience of dealing with a variety of internal and external contacts, including members of the public.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team, developing effective relationships with the Hearings team and at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Skype
- Ability to provide support with audio and visual equipment.
- Proven experience and knowledge of prioritising multiple conflicting demands on time and resources with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to interpret information, establishing a rapport and understanding the needs of a diverse range of customers.
- Committed to equality and diversity in service delivery.
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, flexi-time and 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to apply:
You can view the role profile and complete an online application form at our website via the button below. Applications are assessed against the person specification criteria. Please visit our website for full details.
Closing date: 23:59 on Wednesday 4th December 2019 with interviews scheduled for w/c 9th December 2019.