Head of Upstream Regulation
Head of Upstream Regulation
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Our purpose is to protect the public by regulating dental professionals in the UK. All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists and orthodontic therapists must be registered with us to work in the UK. The support and experience of our dedicated and highly focused teams is invaluable. This is your chance to build on your own skills and experience and make a worthwhile contribution to our work.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of the General Dental Council's approach to upstream regulation, using evidence and insight from across the sector to inform approaches. You will be working with partners, stakeholders and colleagues from across the GDC to design and implement regulatory interventions that influence registrant behaviour and have a positive impact on patient protection.
- Experience of policy development at a senior level, including establishing and reporting on the impact of changes and interventions.
- Experience of working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments and in influencing internal and external stakeholders and partners to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams and in leading change in organisational practices and processes
- Evidence of successfully leading teams and managing change
- Experience of working effectively with boards and committees
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions in collaboration with others
- Strong evidence of working collaboratively to deliver results
- Evidence of identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement and collaborating with others to ensure that benefits are realised
- Ability to understand business needs and translate strategy into delivery
- Demonstrable ability to design and deliver programmes of work, using appropriate evidence, understanding external pressures, and in line with internal governance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to articulate with credibility and conviction both orally and in writing
- A high degree of self-awareness and personal integrity, and the ability to respond positively to constructive challenge
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity both in personal conduct and in service delivery.
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, flexi-time and 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to apply:
You can view the role profile and complete an online application form at our website via the button below. Applications are assessed against the person specification criteria. Please visit our website for full details.
Closing date: 23:59 on Thursday 19th December 2019 with interviews mid January
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise