Head of Service, Commissioning
Wiltshire Council is transforming how it commissions services across children's and adults' social care. The Commissioning Service has undergone a complete restructure to ensure that we commission services that:
- Put the individual child, young person, family or adults at the centre rather than the needs of services and organisations
- Genuinely promote coproduction with providers and children, young people, families and customers
- Deliver whole life pathways
- Are jointly commissioned across health and social care wherever possible
- Are innovative and support independence
- Provide value for money
This is an exciting opportunity to drive forward this transformation programme. There are three separate roles:
- Head of Commissioning Families & Children
- Head of Commissioning Specialist Services (Whole Life Pathway)
- Head Commissioning Adults
These roles will enable the post holders to work across the children's and adults' social care and health systems and develop the skills, knowledge and experience for aspiring Directors.
About the Role
You will lead a significant and complex programme of work to transform services in Wiltshire, both in terms of improving sufficiency, quality and the independence of the customer. With responsibility for a high-profile programme of work, you will develop and deliver a commissioning strategy within budget, as well as provide advice, updates and support to the Executive Directors, Cabinet Members and Directors of operational services and Commissioning.
The post holders will play a key role in the direction of the new service. You will demonstrate inspirational leadership to ensure team members remain motivated and engaged with strategic aims and will encourage a culture of continuous development, learning and improvement across the service, with overall responsibility for performance against a complex programme of work which delivers effective and efficient services and ensures outcomes are focused on prevention as well as individual, family and community resilience.
As well as leading a team of commissioners, you will be responsible for engaging with both place based and at scale health commissioning. Key to your success will be the relationships you develop with operational colleagues, providers, user engagement groups as well as local and STP health commissioners, whilst also being a role model for the Council's behaviours framework.
You are likely to be a graduate with a relevant professional qualification and/or equivalent experience within commissioning and management. Extensive experience of leading high profile, large scale commission programmes, ideally across both health and social care, is required. You will have strong commercial acumen and high-level financial management skills with the ability to identify and achieve savings and robustly manage budgets as well as a proven track record in leading and successfully concluding complex/contentious negotiations.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work for a unitary Council which is truly innovative and was recommended as the "Best UK local council to work for 2017" by Glassdoor.
- An attractive "moving home" package for eligible candidates relocating closer to Wiltshire where there is the opportunity to live in a beautiful county where the cost of housing is competitive, crime rates are low and with great accessibility to Bath, Bristol and the south west coast and accessible to London by road and rail.
- 25 working days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 after 5 years' service (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Access to the local government pension scheme.
- Access to an excellent range of discounts, cashback and subsidised products and services with national and local retailers via our Wiltshire Rewards scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th September 2019.
60303.00 - 66480.00 GBP Annual