Head Of School
Glan yr Afon and Bryn Hafod Primary School will be federating on Monday 24 th February 2020 and both schools will be part of The Rainbow Federation. The Executive Headteacher has been appointed and there will be a Head of School post at each school.
The Governing Body of Glan yr Afon Primary School to wish to appoint a highly motivated and professional Head of School for Glan yr Afon to help and shape the future of the school.
The successful applicant will have:-
- A proven record of excellent and innovative teaching and strong leadership
- A clear vision of what makes an excellent school
- A proven record of successfully implementing new initiatives
- An excellent understanding of curriculum development and reform
- High expectations of both staff and pupils and lead by example
- A commitment to inclusion and an understanding of the issues and challenges facing our pupils with SEN, eFSM and MAT and an ability to enable all pupils to achieve their very best
- An excellent understanding of assessment, data and tracking of pupil progress
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Executive Headteacher and Head of School of Bryn Hafod Primary School in all aspects of the school's work, particularly within the strategic work in securing school improvement
- The ability to work effectively and empathetically with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
We can offer the successful candidate:-
- Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- A positive, friendly, enthusiastic, caring staff who are committed to achieving the very best for our children
- Supportive governors, parents and local community
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to school development
- A commitment to your professional development
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO A DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the "Apply Now" button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) on Tel: for an application pack quoting reference: ED1039 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by: 12.00 pm midday, Thursday 5 th December 2019.
Closing Date: for all applications is midday on Thursday 5 th December 2019
Shortlisting: will take place on Friday 6 th December 2019
Lesson Observations: will take place on Tuesday 10 th December. 2019
Successful candidates will have a tour of the school and have the opportunity to meet the staff on Wednesday 11 th December 2019.
Interviews: will take place on Thursday 12 th December 2019.
Start Date: 24 th February 2020 or as soon as possible after The Federation begins
If you have any questions please email or phone the Executive Headteacher Rhian Lundrigan Tel:
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
- aged under 25;
- not in employment, education or training;
- from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
- ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.