Head of School
The employer is a city council.
- Manage the day to day running of Restormel and support the Executive Headteacher with regard to leadership for the school which secures its success and continuous improvement.
- Ensure high quality education for all its pupils and the highest standards of learning, care and achievement in accordance with statutory requirements
- Work effectively with the Executive Headteacher and the Governing Body to secure and sustain outstanding teaching and learning across the school
- Lead and oversee the planning, preparation and delivery of programmes of work ensuring teaching and learning is adapted to suit the needs of all students, including those with emotional, behavioural, social and learning difficulties
- Evaluate performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement.
- Be accountable for deploying resources to achieve the school's aims.???
- Create a safe and productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all young people.???
- Provide leadership and direction to enable staff to provide targeted and appropriate intervention to raise standards for all pupils.???
- Take a lead role in maintaining a positive learning environment amongst all staff and students in which students are able to make a positive contribution, learn and thrive in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- ???Contribute to and communicate a shared vision, ethos and strategic plan that inspires and motivates all pupils, staff and governors to reflect the needs of the school and art of the local community.???
- Develop and embed required school wide policies and monitor and evaluate effectiveness.???
- ???Support staff to keep up-to-date with changes/ advice in government guidance, Ofsted framework relating to curriculum and teaching.???
- Performance manage staff and line manage areas as required using the process to develop their personal and professional effectiveness, setting high expectations for all and addressing underperformance.???
- Support the Executive Headteacher to compile and review the annual overall SEF and the School Development and Improvement Plan.???
- Act as a role model for the highest professional standards.???
- Co-operate and work with relevant agencies and partners to ensure the well-being of children.???
- Support the DSL to safeguard all staff and pupils in the school
- The ideal candidate will have an experienced leader, with a successful record of raising and maintaining standards in teaching & learning. They will also be an outstanding communicator, with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating not just the school and wider community.
60000.00 - 80000.00 GBP Annual