Head of Maths
Name of Head Teacher - Beth Kobel
Salary: Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale+ TLR 1d £14,030
Making school memorable by striving for excellence
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents.
We are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 - 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with students.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every student that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment. At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the success of our student population.
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student progress through own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
- opportunity to work across the education phases
- motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
- a friendly and supportive team of teachers
- well-resourced facilities
- a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- a commitment to professional development, including an excellent CPD programme including NQT induction and Teach First training
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out their role on the school site.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher of Maths who is passionate about teaching the subject they love, to work with responsive students at a school where last year 80.4% of students achieved grade 4 or above in GCSE and 86.8% of students received grade C or above A-level Maths.
The successful candidate will have the vision, creativity and experience to drive the continued development of the Maths Department. They will join an energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement.
The successful candidate would be expected to be able to teach at all Key Stages. They will be expected to lead the department as a whole and line manage key post holders within the department.
Closing Date: noon Thursday 4th March 2021
Interview Date: w/c 8th March 2021 (subject to change)
Start Date: September 2021
How to apply:
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
For further information and an application pack, download from website via the button below.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who complete in full the school's application form. CV's will not be accepted in substitution for a completed Application Form but may be included with the Application Form.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.