Head of Commissioning
Job Title: Head of Commissioning
Salary: £56,419 - £60,801 per annum
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant place to live and work. Milton Keynes Council is responsible for commissioning a vast range of services. Its Commissioning team focuses on adult social care, children's services and homelessness provision but has an ever-expanding remit.
This is a newly created role following a restructure which was focused on supporting our capacity to deliver an expanding and varied portfolio. This role provides an exceptional opportunity for the post-holder to make a significant impact in an exciting and forward-thinking location.
Reporting to the Group Head of Commissioning the Head of Service role has an extensive and high profile portfolio, including accountability for a commissioning budget spend of £39m per annum. The post holder has responsibility for a complex and challenging strategic, developmental and delivery agenda. Strong working relationships with health partners and other parties are essential to successfully deliver in this role.
- D emonstrate significant experience of commissioning social care and health services
- Educated to degree-level or have equivalent experience in a relevant subject
- Exceptional at developing and delivering service improvement and transformation within a complex and diverse geography and across multiple stakeholders.
- The capabilities to make difficult, challenging and innovative decisions to support strategy and vision.
- Significant experience of working in the adult social care and homeliness environment, understanding national policy and the implications of these on commissioning approaches
- Experienced people manager
- Possess highly effective relationship and stakeholder management, excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, planning, commissioning and contracting expertise...... click apply for full job details