Head of Adults Safeguarding
To lead the adult safeguarding functions in Oldham overseeing the Local Safeguarding Adults Board with responsibility for Deprivation of Liberty safeguards working towards the implementation of Liberty Protection Safeguards, the strategic safeguarding function and oversight of operational safeguarding activity across Community Health and Adult Social Care services.
The post will drive practice in Oldham supporting the commitment to deliver high quality safeguarding practice, focused on improving outcomes and ensuring vulnerable adults in Oldham are safe.
The post will lead, develop and maintain strategies and policies for the achievement of high standards of safeguarding practice, quality assurance and performance in Oldham.
- Take overall strategic responsibility for safeguarding vulnerable adults in Oldham through high quality assurance and case reviews, ensuring that lessons are learned, and implemented in an efficient and effective manner.
- To lead on the safeguarding strategy and developments for Oldham Safeguarding Adults Board (OSAB) ensuring sufficient resources are available to provide the best possible service for Oldham residents.
- To ensure that there are effective quality assurance systems in place to monitor the safety and protection of adults at risk of serious harm. This will include close working with partners across the system to ensure the provision of effective safeguarding activity.
- Ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory safeguarding duties.
- To be the professional lead and focal point for adult protection contributing expert advice and knowledge on highly complex issues that require significant interpretation and support.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Recognised social work or professional qualification in Health or Social Care, registered with the relevant Professionals agency/regulator.
- Extensive experience together with a proven track record of successful strategic leadership within an organisation of comparable scope and in a constantly changing environment.
- Extensive experience of adults safeguarding including chairing partner agency meetings.
- Extensive experience of leading complex safeguarding investigations.
- A thorough knowledge of the Safeguarding Adults agenda, plus knowledge of the role and function of the Local Safeguarding Adults Board.
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of implementing safeguarding and adult care legislation.
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels. You can view the Values and Behaviours on our Greater.
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
61890.00 - 64769.00 GBP Annual