Community Advice & Resettlement Officer
East Cambridgeshire District Council have an exciting opportunity for a Community Advice & Resettlement Officer to join their team.
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £29,439 - £33,820 per annum
Job Type: 2 years fixed term
Community Advice & Resettlement Officer - The Role:
Support the Housing & Community Advice Team to co-ordinate a holistic service for all clients, with a main case focus on individuals and families arriving in the district that have been granted refugee status or are seeking asylum.
You will provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable people, ensuring the work with families respects and values all cultures.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Community Advice & Resettlement Officer - Key Responsibilities:
- To provide a high quality, generalist advice service
- You will undertake practical support with clients to promote sustainable independent living
- You will be helping vulnerable people to improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very real and positive difference to their lives.
- You need to be able to co- ordinate and attend community hubs across the district, whilst working with all of our partner agencies across the sub region in relation to providing support
- To work in partnership with the housing team to source suitable and affordable accommodation
Community Advice & Resettlement Officer - You:
- You will need to have four GCSEs, grade B or above, to include English and Maths, or equivalent
- Experience of working within delivering structured support to clients, including imparting financial advice or assisting clients with budgeting and experience of multi-agency working
- You will need to have strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills, be customer focused, proactive and creative in finding solutions and capable of working on your own initiative as well as effectively within a team
Community Advice & Resettlement Officer - Benefits:
- Flexible working
- Childcare scheme (in approved cases)
- Training and development
- Occupational health programme
- Training, development and payment of professional fees
- Holiday and sickness scheme entitlements
Closing date for completed applications is Sunday, 4th June 2023
The selection process will be held on: Tuesday, 13th June 2023
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by the HR Department. If you have not been contacted by the date of the interview, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and operates a no smoking policy.
To submit your application for this exciting Community Advice & Resettlement Officer opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!