Commissioning Manager - Place Planning - Surrey
GBP44,838 per annum for 36 hours per week.
Please note, this role requires extensive travel around Surrey, therefore a valid driving licence and the availability of an insured vehicle for the performance of work related duties is an essential requirement. Unfortunately, applications from those who do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied, and you will benefit from 24 days annual leave (rising to 28 days after two years' service), a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
About the role
The Education Place Planning Function of Surrey County Council ensures that every child has an appropriate offer of education; one of our key statutory duties. It is a vital function of the Council in ensuring that everyone gets a good start in life and it's at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking Commissioning Managers who have experience of working within Local Authorities within school organisations and place-planning with commensurate knowledge, skills and experience of this complex and fast-moving area.
The successful applicant will be a vital part of the newly formed Place Planning team, which is responsible for commissioning and organising the provision of sufficient, good quality school and educational places across the county now and in the future.
This includes the:
- commissioning of our maintained nursery provision in conjunction with the directorate's commissioning team
- expansion, reduction and closure (where necessary) of maintained schools, including special schools, sixth form and further education
- ensure the council works effectively with the Department of Education (DfE) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency in the planning of the opening, expansion, reduction and closure of academy and free schools
- nurture good relationships with schools, academies and other agencies including the DfE, in relation to school academisation.
The post holder will report to the Service Manager Place Planning and Commissioning.
To be shortlisted for interview for this role, your CV & personal statement should clearly evidence the following:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally with a relevant commissioning qualification or equivalent significant experience.
- Knowledge of current legislation regarding school organisation, SEND and knowledge of education legislation generally
- Experience of commissioning school places, SEND and/or Health within a wider partnership environment with experience of working within the context of public service delivery in the statutory or voluntary sector
For more information, please visit our website.
For an informal discussion contact Nicholas Smith on .
We look forward to receiving your application.
This advert closes at 23:59 on 27.07.2019.
Interviews to be arranged.
44838.00 GBP Annual