Commercial Category Manager - Regeneration, Environment & Housing - MG
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
We now have a fantastic opportunity in the Council's corporate procurement team for a Commercial Category Manager - Regeneration, Environment & Housing.
Reporting into the Divisional Director of Procurement, the post holder will focus on and be responsible for planning, managing and co-ordinating the procurement programme for Regeneration, Environment & Housing. The post holder will manage a small team and will be tasked with the delivery of a category specific multi million pound annual procurement programme.
In addition the post-holder will have very close engagement with stakeholders providing professional procurement support to deliver maximum benefit.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the following skills & experience:
- Up to date and expert knowledge of category specific legislation and understanding their impact for both the category and the Council.
- Excellent understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework which applies to procurement within the Public Sector in producing tenders and contracts.
- Experience of procuring complex and business critical contracts and services within this category in a public and/or private sector environment.
- Experience of project managing end to end procurement processes that are of high risk and high value.
- Experience of successful implementation and involvement in category management
- Able to evaluate suppliers and tenders from the analysis and interpretation of written, financial, numerical and contractual information.
For additional information please refer to the Job Description where you will see the Role Profile and Selection Criteria.
Interviews will be held on 14th & 15th Nov 2019.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
We particularly welcome female applicants, individuals under 25 years of age, those from the BAME community, LGBT applicants and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.