Children's Team Manager - Assessment
We have permanent opportunities to join our Assessment Teams based in Woking and Guildford.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
The salary range for Team Managers is £50,942 - £55,125 per annum. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 which is payable in 3 instalments across your first 18 months in post.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which children and families are supported in a spirit of partnership that encourages them to develop their own solutions while receiving the help and support, they need to address their complex situations. You will also nurture and grow your own team of social workers and practitioners using a motivational interviewing approach, which contributes to Surrey's continued journey to "outstanding".
About working in Assessment:
The first contact any family or professional has with our assessment service sets the tone for our entire working relationship with them. Our practice across the whole service is based upon consent, strong relationships with families and with partners who are also supporting our families. Using motivational approaches the assessment social worker engages with both the family and the network supporting them to understand the presenting worries and work out whether a statutory social work service is required. If not, a plan to support the family at a lower level of need will be put in place to meet the need of the child and family.
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This allows you to feel continuously fulfilled in your role and have a pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children's Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach.
How we will support you:
Surrey is committed to supporting you both professionally and personally and we offer a number of benefits you can access in your time away from work. A few examples of these include:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Opportunity to join our competitive local government pension scheme
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - which offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 2nd October 2023.
Following the closing date, if your application is shortlisted you will be contacted by our CFL Workforce Team within 5 working days. They will be able to advise on interview arrangements and can support in answering any questions you may have.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
You will need to be registered with Social Work England and have the willingness and ability to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.