Children's Systems & Payments Strategic Manager
Job title: Children's Systems & Payments Strategic Manager
Department: Children, Young People and Education
Location: Croydon Council (CR0)
Grade / Salary: Grade 17; £60,402 - £62,595
Hours of work: 36 per week / Monday - Friday
Contract type: Permanent
The Postholder will provide strategic leadership across Children, Young People & Education, delivering continuous improvement, transformation, and driving compliance in respect of financial processes, case management, systems, and processes
The Postholder will work across the directorate to ensure the effective and efficient development of and delivery of council services, that support council and departmental objectives. The role will lead the directorate on compliance, ensuring the department achieves the council's financial regulations and procedures, working closely with corporate finance teams, internal audit and external auditors as required and support effective budget monitoring and reporting. This includes the effective provision of case recording and financial processes and systems which are essential to supporting high quality interventions and collaboration with children and families.
To bring together and lead project groups and task teams, from across the directorate and the council.
It is a high-profile area for the Council, which can have a major impact on the Council's reputation and finances. As such it is an area of significant professional and organisational responsibility.
Benefits of Working With Us
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 31 days' annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- A range of CPD opportunities to support your development
- Career Progression opportunities
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Good management support, regular supervision, and access to a clinical therapist to support your work
Why Join Us
- Our teams consist of experienced professionals at various levels
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- You will join an established team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- You will have the support of an extremely knowledgeable and understanding manager
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
The suitable applicant will have the following;
- Children, Young People's & Families qualification, or equivalent related experience
- Ability to develop data and intelligence strategies to provide key evidence of success
- Management qualification or equivalent related experience
- In-depth working knowledge of case recording management systems used in children, young people and families work - ideally Liquid Logic
- Ability to manage case management and financial recording systems ensuring that they are well maintained, managed and supported.
- Successful financial and resource management
- Budget management skills, ability to manage resources effectively and flexibly
- A track record of effectively delivering service and systems improvement within a children's services context working collaboratively with all levels of the workforce
Recruitment and Selection Timeline
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 3 rd December 2023
Shortlisting will take place on WC 4 th December 2023
Interviews will take place on WC 11 th December 2023
Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Subject to business needs, we will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working, whereby staff attend the workplace for part of their working week and work from home, or elsewhere, remotely for the rest of the time.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check