Salary: £155,920 (pay award pending)
East Suffolk is a unique council, ambitious and progressive, where new ways of working and originality continue to push boundaries. We’re seeking a new Chief Executive that can match our ambition and continue to inspire our teams to deliver on a truly wide-ranging agenda.
We are a district full of excitement and opportunity. And, as our new Chief Executive, you’ll inherit, and continue to steer, a wealth of major projects that will make East Suffolk a destination for tourism and business as well as a great place to live and work. These include: Salary: £155,920 (pay award pending)
- 11 of the 43 Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs) in the region
- Freeport East for which the council is the lead authority
- The new Gull Wing Bridge in Lowestoft offering a third crossing over lake Lothing
- Installing one of the largest mitre flood gates in the UK
- Developing a beach village in Felixstowe
- Playing a key partnership role in the future development of Sizewell C
- Delivering up to 15,000 new homes in the district
- Bringing ideas to life through Community Partnerships across East Suffolk
- Launching a new £20m company to provide a range of waste, street cleansing and public realm services
- Delivering Lowestoft’s Town Investment Plan with the injection of £24.9 million received through a Town’s Fund award
- Ensuring that arts and culture remain in the spotlight through the development of a new Cultural Strategy
- Rolling out a suite of exciting digital projects including free-to-use public wi-fi across the County.
The agenda in East Suffolk is ambitious, exciting and challenging in equal measure and requires a leader that can bring an empowering and enabling style coupled with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that will inspire staff, modernise services and lead us to even greater success.
We’re incredibly proud of our ‘One Council’ vision and what it has helped us to achieve so far. When joining us, you will find a hugely committed group of Members and Officers that work collaboratively and tirelessly to support growth of the local economy, exceed expectations of residents and businesses and address the climate emergency. We’re committed to innovation and bringing a modern twist to the delivery of council services and functions to achieve the best possible outcomes for East Suffolk’s residents and communities.
Or, to discover more about how you can continue to energise East Suffolk and lead us an even brighter future contact our recruitment partner, Tile Hill, on the details below:
Greg Hayes, Director
Telephone: 07423 243415
David Weir, Director
Telephone: 07391 565064
Clare Connor, Associate Consultant
Telephone: 0161 408 0703
Closing date: Midnight on Friday 9th September
If you can match our ambition and have what it takes to deliver on a demanding, varied, high profile role where you have the scope to shape a region and to genuinely improve lives, we’d love to hear you.