Care & Response Officer
Care & Response Officer £20,493 - £21,748 24/10/2020
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note previous applicants need not apply. The core purpose of the Care and Response Telecare service is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives , we listen and provide support when it is needed most and provide a mobile response to all areas of Milton Keynes . As a Care and Response Officer you will answer alarm calls from Telecare equipment installed people's homes. You will learn to quickly determine the nature of the call to provide the most appropriate response to assist the person in need. It sounds easy, but we know it's not; we know it requires a special person.You have to be exceptional, be all things to everyone. Could you take an emergency call that requires you to be empathetic and caring to someone who has fallen? Then with the next call be diplomatic when dealing with a frustrated resident unhappy with noise nuisance, maintain your composure and follow procedure? Do you hold a heart-felt empathy for the most vulnerable in our society? You will provide face to face support , in service users homes ,when its needed most in a time of crisis , assisting someone who has fallen , providing advice and guidance or just being a friendly face offering reassurance. You install and maintain our equipment and understand its purpose. If you want a working day that never goes to plan , is not the same every day and provides great job satisfaction this is the role for you.
- Have patience and understanding to resolve some of the calls you will face.
- Work as a mobile responder
- Assist individuals up from a fall
- Provide support, advice and guidance
- Remain calm and focused, you must quickly determine the reason for the call, summoning the most appropriate response as required.
- Work on a rota covering 24hrs a day , 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays
- Be able to install , replace and maintain telecare equipment
- Understand the different types of equipment and how they work
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Experience in a call centre is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults
- Full driving licence
- All that we are is projected through our voice. We have to swiftly put the client at ease, the client needs to feel like they are talking to a friend, someone that understands and can help them, no matter the task...... click apply for full job details