Adults Assistant Team Manager - Esher
GBP44,838 per annum for 36 hours per week for the Elmbridge Locality Team based in Esher Local Office, Elmbridge BC Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, KT10 9SD.
This is a full time Fixed Term/Secondment contract to cover maternity leave up to 01/06/2020. For internal candidates: please discuss with your Line Manager before applying.
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence and have access to a car.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
This post is eligible for our existing employee Refer a Friend Scheme.
About the role
This is a unique post in the locality team where we require leadership in integration with Health and Social Care. It is very much an operational position, making integration work with our partners, particularly in Kingston Hospital, Molesey and Walton Community Hospitals as well as the community Hubs of East Elmbridge and Thames Medical.
You will need to have some understanding of delayed discharges and how we work with the medical teams to ensure safe discharges. The future of the Primary Care Networks will be part of your agenda as we bring together the Hub and community work.
In addition you will specialise in CHC checklists, DSTs and supporting the staff to attend the multi-disciplinary meetings and with dispute rationales. Elmbridge Locality Team is the highest performer in the county in relation to the number of positive CHC checklists submitted and CHC funding secured. We believe in advocating for people who are eligible for CHC and will work hard to secure this right for them.
The successful applicant will:
- lead on the development of integration by providing advice on assessment, support planning and discharges, promoting the social model of disability in the community
- receive supervision from the Locality Senior Manager and will be supervising our staff who are working in the areas of health
- will be supported to undertake relevant training to the role
In order to be considered for the position, your application will evidence that you:
- hold a professional Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Nursing or other relevant Qualification and be registered with a professional body
- have a significant working knowledge of the current statutory framework for health and social care provision and relevant legislation and experience of working with health colleagues
At Surrey we really value our staff and as part of this commitment we ensure all staff:
- Receive regular supervision sessions
- Are assigned a "buddy" to help you settle into your new role
- Are provided with a personal performance plan to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role.
For more information please visit our website.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Norah Lewis on .
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28th July 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 5th August 2019.
44838.00 - 50711.00 GBP Annual