Lead Officer Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards/Liberty Protection Safe
Lead Officer Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards/Liberty Protection Safeguards (DOLS/LPS)
Main Purpose of Post:
To manage the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) service in Powys and work closely with Supervisory Bodies, Managing Authorities, Commissioners and other health and social care professionals on behalf of Powys County Council in order to performance manage and quality assure the assessment and authorisation process on behalf of the Supervisory Bodies of Powys CC and Powys Teaching Health Board (PtHB). To ensure the smooth transition of processes and systems to deliver the requirements of the Liberty Protection Safeguards.
- To ensure full compliance with the legislation requirements of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards provisions.
- To manage the DoLS pooled budget on behalf of the Supervisory Bodies to maximise resources and ensure value for money.
- To line manage the DoLS Administrator posts.
- To develop and manage the transition process from Dols to Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS)
- To scrutinise and quality assurance assessments to ensure applications are adequately prepared for the Supervisory Body Authorised signatory.