Head of Commercial Development and Visitor Experience
The employer is a learning trust.
- This is a brand new role which will lead the development and management of commercial, marketing and customer functions across all destinations and sites in order to increase foot fall, generate new revenue and strengthen the financial sustainability of the service. Rotherham's Culture Sport and Tourism department has responsibility for award-winning sites and deeply-loved destinations including Clifton Park and Museum, Rother Valley Country Park and Rotherham Civic Theatre. We deliver a wide range of activities and events, from the large-scale Rotherham Show to cycling and water-based activities, cultural learning in schools , libraries and community-settings: we have a number of game-changing initiatives in the pipeline. Having reviewed our services we know we need to be more ambitious, entrepreneurial and innovative in order to encourage return visits, widen participation and develop new income streams. You will have a track record of achievement increasing income and delivering successful audience development and customer experience campaigns. A natural sales person and ambassador, you will ideally have a background in culture, leisure, parks or tourism, with experience of product development as well as destination management.
- Experience of capital projects is an advantage.
- A proactive, inclusive and persuasive leader, with a wide knowledge of best practice of fundraising, marketing and sales strategies, ideally in the cultural, leisure and/or tourism industries.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and resourceful, with a track record of success in increasing revenue across a range of income streams.
- Experienced and passionate about marketing, promotion and customer experience across all platforms.