Service Manager - Residential Services
This is an exciting time to join Sheffield's Children and Families Social Care Service.
Since 2017, across Children's Social Care, we have been on an improvement journey, which has resulted in better outcomes for our children and young people needing help and protection and improved services and support for looked after children and care leavers.
It is a great time to join our Children's Residential Service. We have nine registered children's homes, eight of which are rated good or outstanding by Ofsted, and one which is requires improvement with an interim rating of 'improved effectiveness'.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us as the Service Manager for our four mainstream children's homes. One of these has recently become a multi-agency, multi-function service offering edge of care and in care services for adolescents, as Sheffield's adaptation of the successful 'No Wrong Door' model of provision, and we are in the final development stages of converting a second home to this model.
If you are experienced in children's homes management, passionate about supporting improved outcomes for adolescents, and are open and enthusiastic about establishing and implementing innovative practice, then we would love to hear from you.
By working with us you will support our vision to help young people to reach their full potential. We are seeking a confident, motivated and inspirational leader with a proven track record of creating change and making a difference to children and young people's lives. It will be your job to support the Assistant Director and lead a team of registered children's homes managers, multi-agency professionals, and other support staff .You'll be accountable for ensuring overall service delivery with responsibility for strategic planning, performance and resource management.
You will be a talented influencer, a strong networker and able to build multi agency relationships and partnerships to improve services to children and young people. It is therefore important that you are highly experienced and already successful in a management role and are accomplished at using customer relationship approaches in partnerships.
Here in Sheffield, we have an offer that makes this tough but highly rewarding job that little bit easier:-
- A stable, effective leadership team, that is supportive of good social work practice using the signs of safety framework. - Which makes your job easier and results in better outcomes for children and young people
- Experienced and genuinely supportive managers and colleagues, who can nurture and develop you
- Your continuous professional development really matters to us - we offer a tailored learning and development package, mentoring and plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Generous flexible working packages to ensure that you can work in a flexible environment and get the necessary time to enjoy your home life
- Sheffield is a great city - It is diverse with a wide range of cultural, social and outdoor activities, good schools and has excellent transport links and if you have to move home to take up your new job with us, we may pay relocation expenses up to GBP7,400 if you're eligible
You will have extensive experience in statutory children's services.
Interview Date: 2 September 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.