Service Manager - Family Support Service
Service Manager - Family Support Service
GBP60,097 - GBP66,708
Following an extensive review of early help provision in Buckinghamshire, a new Family Support Service is launching in September 2019, providing support for families with children 0-19 (25 with SEND).
In this role you will lead on operational aspects of the newly formed Family Support Service to practice to a consistently high standard, consistent with the Council's vision, values and the ambitions detailed in the Early Help Strategy, reviewing national developments, and adopting best practice where it would improve outcomes for vulnerable children, young people and families.
You will ensure that the Family Support Service delivers against all statutory requirements that fall within the scope of the Service. You will play a key role in developing and expanding the role of key partners and community providers to build the breadth and capacity of the partnership early help offer, ensuring that together we enable positive changes for vulnerable children and families, ensuring we capture the evidence of impact in everything we do.
The Family Support Service sits within Children's Services as part of the Education directorate, working collectively to contribute towards delivering the outcomes described in the Early Help Strategy, Education and Skills Strategy and the SEND Strategy.
The new Family Support Service is a new integrated way of delivering support for universal provision through our Family Centres to more targeted support for children and families in greater need. We are committed to continuously improve services as part of our improvement journey, and with partners, to put the County's children and families at the heart of our thinking.
About the role
- As the Service Manager you will promote and enable excellent practice in relation to early help for children and their families - to bring about the best outcomes for children and families to prevent escalation of need and avoid long term, statutory interventions.
- You will take a lead role in respect of the Family Support Services contribution to internal and external inspection processes and reviews including Ofsted and SEND improvement, ensuring resulting actions are fully recorded and robustly implemented.
- Be proactive in building sustainable working relationships across a range of stakeholders, communicating and consulting effectively with all parties.
- Develop effective professional relationships with key people in the sector (including Elected Members) to enable effective partnership working and ongoing political support. This will include representing the Service at relevant Scrutiny Committee and other Council meetings.
You will be:
- A natural leader, able to inspire the service to continuously improve and ensuring the highest standards of practice offering a seamless service to the children and families of Buckinghamshire.
- Use your experience and knowledge of early intervention to drive a strong and effective culture of collaboration and partnership across agencies and areas- allowing the early identification of children and families who need early help and enabling effective engagement.
- Substantial relevant experience of delivering specialist services which support children and families with multiple, often complex needs, with expert technical /professional knowledge and experience within early help sector.
- Have expert knowledge of local and national agendas/ initiatives for work with children, young people and their families and the broader policy context/statutory requirements relevant to early help.
We recognise and reward you
You'll also be entitled to a wide range of bcc benefits, including a generous pension scheme with an employer contribution of 26%, discount in shops / restaurants and 1/3 off local trains and buses.
Find out more here:
For more information please see the attached JD, and the early help strategy.
To apply for this role, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 28th August 2019