Senior Business Partner – Technology Services for Social Care
2 days left
- Job Type
Salary: Up to £73,000
Closing Date: 22/06/19
Essex County Council are leading a major investment program in modern, evergreen technologies to improve how colleagues and partners across the county deliver public services. As a key member of the Technology Services leadership team we are looking for an individual who is motivated to use their technical knowledge to make a real positive impact on how our social care teams utilise technology and to facilitate innovation within these crucial services; ultimately, helping to improve the lives of children and vulnerable adults across Essex.
The successful candidate will drive the implementation of the technology strategy and roadmap for social care and be the subject matter expert to drive business thinking in how to achieve technological advantage. They will lead the Business Engagement service, developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the social care functions, business processes and information technology needs, ensuring effective alignment between Technology Services priorities and business requirements, helping our customers to translate their business needs into technical requirements
This is a senior leadership role with professional impact and significant influencing skills to assist the social care teams and their partners across Essex in driving forward issues and strategic thinking as an extension to their own leadership community, ensuring a full and complete picture of the social care function is maintained.
- Accountable for building relationships with functions across the Council and key partners across Essex and East Anglia to develop insight and help to develop their business plans that support the achievement of the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Accountable for developing and building technology strategies and business roadmaps to ensure senior support of the social care technology strategy, while adhering to the technology reference architecture
- Accountable for all technology aspects of medium-term business planning, advising senior leaders on strategic technology matters, taking into account the forensic details of the social care functions (finance, risk, resourcing) Overall responsible for long-term business planning and the creation of an over-arching technology investment programme
- Accountable for regular market scanning on behalf of and with Technology Services and social care to ensure the best possible technical solutions are assessed and included in roadmaps as appropriate.
- Responsible for leading a shared resource pool of staff to ensure business needs are effectively managed, and working collaboratively with Technology Services teams to ensure they remain aligned to business plans and strategic thinking; to create effective work plans from the business for Technology Services to create demand plans.
- Responsible for acting as a balanced leader between Technology Services and the social care teams so that both functions are represented equally; supporting the timely preparation of complex business cases including associated risks and benefits whilst being accountable for the technology implications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experienced in creating and proactively leading change initiatives in a complex environment.
- Able to demonstrate successfully managing large scale financial/budgetary matters.
- Experienced across a range of technology disciplines and strategic planning functions, with demonstrable ability to translate business to technology and vice versa.
- Forward thinking with significant operational expertise within large and complex IT operations, either in the Public Sector or in the Private Sector with demonstrable understanding of the Public Sector environment.
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change in line with defined SFIA V7 competencies
- Ideally you will be Accredited to the Business Relationship Management Institute (BRMI) Business Relationship Manager Professional (BRMP) or evidence of working towards that accreditation or equivalent accreditation.
Why Essex ?
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
To apply, please email a copy of your CV with a supporting statement by clicking Apply Now below.
Apply for Senior Business Partner – Technology Services for Social Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly