Head of Service
The employer is a public services provider.
- You will be part of the senior management team and will report to the Deputy Director, Children's Social Care.
- You will support and challenge our 400 Social Workers and Family Support workers to ensure we consistently deliver effective work with our children and families. You will be part of a driven senior management team who are working closely together to ensure performance and professional standards are of the highest order. You will set strategic objectives and play a pivotal role in translating these into high quality service delivery.
- You will have a proven track record of successful management in a local government social care service, be educated to degree level and ideally have a recognised social work qualification (or equivalent)
- You will be an adept and influential communicator who has experience of successfully engaging with staff, stakeholders and politicians.
- You will have an appreciation of the complexity of leading staff through a large scale organisational change programme and/or previous senior management experience within a comparable context.