Falkland Islands Development Corporation
Contract of up to 4 years
Are you an experienced leader in economic development? Would you like to have a real impact upon the commercial success of enterprise in an overseas territory? Are you passionate about creating economic outcomes in a unique community?
This role is critical to the ongoing economic success of the Falkland Islands and as such, you will:
- Report to an independent Board, and be instrumental in enhancing the Islands’ economy through the delivery of first-class economic development leadership.
- Work with local commercial and statutory parties, leading a team of professionals to realise the ambitions within the Government's Economic Development Strategy and the Corporation's Business Plan.
As a confident and experienced economic development professional, you will:
- Be comfortable operating at a senior level and be enterprising with a keen eye on outcomes, demonstrating an ability to manage streams of work to successful conclusions.
- Understand commercial finance, business support and project management.
- Have a track record of solid relationship development and be motivated by the impact that these activities have upon businesses and communities alike.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and ideally hold an MBA
Salary package commencing at £72k plus annual flights for self and any dependents & relocation grant with a 25% gratuity subject to satisfactory completion of the contract.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit FIDC’s website www.fidc.co.fk for information regarding the Corporation and its work.
Visit the FIDC website for a full Job Description and application form - to be returned by 20th May 2019