Senior Contract Manager - Merrow
GBP51,979 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Merrow Depot, Guildford, GU4 7BQ.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff .
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
The Business Improvement and Consultancy team is a support function within the Community Protection, Transport and Environment directorate responsible for driving improvement and quality. This includes consultancy and project management of Directorate change and improvement activities, ensuring effective contract management mechanisms are in place across the Directorate, day to day operational performance management and quality assurance of the Directorate Business Plan and co-ordination of CPT&E wide strategies to ensure best value and efficiency in areas such as IT, Accommodation and Health & Safety.
The role of the Senor Contract Manager is to support strategic contract management throughout the Directorate by:
- Supporting Senior Managers in developing our core, strategic contracts including our Waste and Street Lighting PFI contracts and our Highways Maintenance contract.
- Developing a Strategic approach to managing our wider portfolio of contracts through standardised governance, performance management and risk management approaches.
- Implementing Directorate wide networks to share and promote good practice, improve knowledge and capability in Officers managing contracts
- Providing specialist contract management knowledge to help resolve queries, disputes and escalation.
Reporting to the Business Improvement and Consultancy Team Manager, the post holder will ensure that the various stakeholders have the tools, skills and capability to ensure effective contract management across the Directorate and through standardised, consolidated reporting to ensure the Directorate Leadership Team have assurance that contracts are being managed effectively and interventions made where required.
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- Degree level qualification in either a commercial (e.g. CIPS, CIMA, RICS) or a relevant technical discipline such as Civil Engineering, Construction or Environmental Services or, an equivalent level of experience.
- Extensive experience of managing contracts in a commercial role ideally in construction, engineering or environmental services contracts.
- Demonstrable experience of working with construction and civil engineering contract forms such as NEC, TPC, PFI etc.
- Able to demonstrate a collaborative and partnering approach to ensure effective service delivery and issue/conflict resolution
- Able to demonstrate an effective approach to problem solving through research, analysis and investigation
For an informal discussion contact Paul Wheadon on or by e-mail. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 06/05/2019.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 13/05/2019
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.